Prior to meeting, I kindly ask that you to read about my practice and policies, and fill out some paperwork. You can either arrive about 15 minutes early to do this (I will leave the paperwork in the waiting room), or print it out to complete and bring to our first session (I will email it to you as an attachment).
Fees & Insurance
My fee is $190 per 50-minute session (for both consultation and ongoing psychotherapy). Cash, check, and all major credit cards (including most HFA and HSAs) are accepted for payment, which I request at the start of each session.
As an "out-of-network" provider, I do not work directly with insurance companies (with the exception of the Georgetown University Student Health Insurance). If your health insurance carrier allows you to choose an out-of-network provider, as most PPO plans do, I can provide you with a statement of services to enable you to seek reimbursement from your carrier. I encourage you to ask your carrier the following questions to clarify your coverage for out-of-network providers.
• What are your mental health benefits?
• How much does your plan cover for an out-of-network provider (for individual sessions, CPT code 90534, in zip code 20036)?
• What is your deductible and has it been met for the current year? This is the amount you will have to pay out-of-pocket before your benefits even start.
• How many sessions per calendar year does your plan cover? Some plans have limits.
• Is pre-certification required? And if so, where can I you find the required paperwork?
Once you receive this information, I am happy to discuss any questions you may have. I will provide you with a monthly bill with all necessary documentation; however, it is your responsibility to pay me directly.
My office is located directly south of Dupont Circle, above the South Dupont Metro exit (the building above Krispy Kreme and Panera.) There is ample street parking and garage parking (there is one on 19th st directly across the street from the building entrance).
The office suite is #307. Take the elevators to the third floor, make a right out the elevators, then a quick left. There is no need to knock before entering to the private waiting room. The bathrooms are located on both sides of the elevator (the keys are hanging on the coat hooks)